Netflix, Inc.
Google

Monday, December 3, 2007

Welcome back, Don Imus

Though we didn't object to his firing, we're glad to see Don Imus is back on the air. What's refreshing is that in his opening today, he was honest about the events of the last eight months.
“I will never say anything in my lifetime that will make any of these young women at Rutgers regret or feel foolish that they accepted my apology and forgave me," he told the live audience at his show taping. “ “And no one else will say anything else on my program that will make anyone think that I didn’t deserve a second chance.”
Imus said when he would get mad about being fired, “I would remind myself that if I hadn’t said what I said, then we wouldn’t be having this discussion.”
“I think things worked out the way they should have worked out,” he said. “We now have the opportunity to have a better program, to obviously diversify the cast.”
A lot of people will be listening his radio show. And watching Imus. We think he's learned his lesson. We hope so.

No comments:

Most Popular On HuffPost